Conception Nature and Heritage tour in Medellin Colombia
The town of Concepción is not only a historical and architectural heritage site but is surrounded by picturesque landscapes and natural beauty, including crystal clear rivers and waterfalls. Jose María Córdova, a national hero revered for his role in Colombia´s fight for independence, was born in this charming town.
Upon arrival, we will explore the cobblestone streets and admire the colorful balconies and traditional woodwork of the houses. We will visit a few houses that have been designated as Cultural Heritage Sites and continue to the town´s main Church which dates back to 1874. After working up a sweat during our walk, we will head to the waterfalls 15 minutes outside of town – so make sure you bring your bathing suit with you!
If you would like to add some adventure to the trip, we can go on horseback to the waterfalls. Since the ride takes more than one hour each way, riding experience would be a plus.
• Pick-up at your hotel in Medellín
• Roundtrip transportation Medellín – Concepción – Medellín (approx. 150 kms)
• English speaking driver / guide
• Historic pueblo walk
• Visit to waterfalls either via 15 minute drive or a 1 hour plus horseback ride (horse ride at additional cost).
• Pueblo-style lunch in Concepción or at the waterfall site.